Skip to content
2020 June Monthly Report
- Warm June over much of the Southwestern and Western portions of Alaska.
- St. Paul Island set new mean daily temperature records for multiple days of the month, with one day surpassing the previous record by 4 °F, set just in 2019.
- St. Paul Island received no precipitation for the month of June.
- Fairbanks and Ketchikan broke previous precipitation records set in 1962 and 1988.
- Sea ice extent notably below average in the Barents and Chukchi seas, but less so than in recent years.
- Total Arctic sea ice extent levels are even with all-time 2012 record low for this time of year.