Skip to content
2020 July Monthly Report
- Cool July over much of the Northern and Eastern portions of the state.
- Warm July over much of the Southwestern, South Central, and portions of Southeastern Alaska.
- Despite average total monthly rainfall, exceptional for the month were high rainfall rates in very short times.
- Drier-than-average precipitation for much of the West coast and portions of the Aleutians and Central Interior.
- Above-average precipitation for most of the Panhandle.
- Sea ice across the Chukchi Sea continues its summertime melt with July average extent at 81% of average.
- Arctic sea ice was temporarily at a lower extent than during previous record years