Skip to content
2019 October Monthly Report
- Significant warmer than normal temperatures prevailed along most of Alaska, with the exception of the Panhandle which was colder than normal. The Alaska Panhandle was colder than normal during October.
- Precipitation has been below to near normal in the Panhandle region. The West Coast and Interior experienced wetter than normal conditions.
- Snowfall was above average in Nome, near normal in Bettles and Utqiaġvik, and significantly lower than average in the Interior and along the Panhandle.
- The Panhandle continues to be under abnormally dry to extreme dry conditions. Abnormally dry to moderate drought conditions persist near Anchorage and on Kodiak Island.
- Sea ice extent was below the median value for the period 1981-2010.